Review: Alexander Hamilton

Alexander Hamilton Alexander Hamilton by Ron Chernow
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Wow… simply WOW! This book was a wealth of knowledge and I feel enriched by having the privilege of reading it. This man was an enigma to me, in spite of my amazing privilege of actually spending a night in his house!

I used to be in awe of Jefferson, but after reading this book I begin to learn a bit more about the complex relationships of the great men who forged this magnificent country. I was surprised to learn of the differences between Hamilton and Jefferson, and delighted to read some of the corollary between men such as Burr and Jefferson and the life of A.H. My first recollection in my recent readings of Burr was in the 1812 book I recently read (listed in my review section).

One of the things I loved the most about this book is that it actually lead down other tracts a short ways when it branched from talking specifically about A.H. and examined his contemporaries from the point of view the author attributes to Hamilton. I think that Chernow did a magnificent job of formulating the story, and I was kept interested in the book throughout which is rather unusual for me when listening to a history book.

A solid five stars and a huge recommendation for anyone who wishes to learn more about American history. Another solid five stars to the memory of A.H.; one of the greatest names in American history!

View all my reviews

Comments

Popular Posts